Everything needs improvement, even the game show Wheel of Fortune, so here’s some rule changes The Grump would like to see…
- Cannot guess vowels 2 times in a row. Guess a vowel, then you have to guess a consonant before you are allowed to guess another vowel.
- Vacation prizes should not count toward the person’s winnings for getting to the final round. It’s not fair to the other contestants as the vacation almost always seals the deal and shuts everybody else out.
- With the exception of the million dollar prize panel, Bankrupt should count for that puzzle round only. In other words, if you win a “Wild Card” in puzzle one, landing on Bankrupt in puzzle 3 would have no effect, you get to keep the Wild Card.
- Any ‘free ride’ (guessing without contestants spinning the wheel), i.e. Express, Toss-ups, etc., should be consonants only.
- The letters K, Q, X, and Z, should be double value… including in the final round for the entire prize money, but only if you called it in your added letters.
Some added suggestions, but not totally necessary.
- Game shows should be legally required to pay taxes on all winnings.
- Require contestants to “bet the house”, put something up of value like in gambling. That’d make it interesting. I could hear it now… contestant loses, Pat says, “Ok, guys, take away the furniture!”