This post could have so many different titles. I considered naming it Whine, whine, whine!, or It’s always somebody else’s fault. That would have been appropriate, too. It’s a never-ending trend anymore, everybody else is an incompetent idiot… hey, maybe somebody should blog about that. Might be onto something here. What’dya think?
So here’s the story: Yesterday morning (Saturday) I’m in line at the bank to make a deposit. Only went in to cash in some coins that I’d been tossing in a jar and you have to do that business inside. I get in line behind some guy slightly older than me and he’s wearing a John Deere hat. After a couple minutes another guy comes in… older, long scraggly beard, overalls, dirty hat, possibly one of Jed Clampett’s kin… who also reeked of cigarette smoke.
The two obviously knew each other as they called each other by name, and apparently this was the second place they ran into each other. Well, they begin talking, I’m standing in between trying to appear uninterested but listening, and their conversation for the next 10-ish minutes goes something like this…
- The credit union we’re in has gone downhill lately… especially since “that lady” took over… now it’s run more like a bank… yada yada yada.
- The bank doesn’t have tellers, they only have “cubicles”… “All those people right there are ‘cubicles’.”… which I took to mean people who normally worked in cubicles during the week.
- The city is incompetent… too many potholes… no one knows how to run a city… and on and on and on.
- Some lady friend of theirs has been paralyzed from the waist down for nine months because the doctors are idiots and don’t know what they’re doing… then it comes out that she was suffering the effects of e-coli (they think) and she had been ignoring sharp pains for several weeks until someone finally made her go get checked. Something settled into her spine, or something like that… but it was the idiot doctor’s fault. <eye roll>
- Jed Clampett Part Two is out of work and can’t find anything… he’s had three manufacturing jobs since 1973, but now they’ve all gone away and that’s all he knows and he can’t find one. (I so wanted to say, “Wasn’t Donald Trump supposed to take care of that?, but I didn’t.) Which leads us to…
- Social security, both for JDPT and the partially paralyzed lady who has been denied disability. To be fair, this was a legit point about people being denied the first time as SOP then having to apply again
- Back to the credit union… he could do an electronic transfer one way, but not the other… more incompetence…
It was about this time that we reached the front of the line where the telle… er, umm, ‘cubicle’… asked me for ID to make a cash deposit, which of course annoyed me.
Anyone else noticed a theme here? No matter what or who, literally everything in the world was sub-par and was somebody else’s fault. Is this what we have degenerated to?